Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Ob.Bali

You really understand the significance of Australia's place in the world when the frontpage of CNN goes from the bombing to the astronauts in the ISS about 12 hours after. Or one news report with the headline that 2 Americans were killed in the bombing (and those lesser nations can go suck eggs). The news is not to blame though it's simply peoples interest in news. I can't blame Google news for it not being the top item. If I was in America I'd be worrying about the sniper shootings and watching the prequel to "Silence of the Lambs". I'm glad I'm not there. You'd wonder how a terrorist bombing could make people resent America more? I think we absorb so much of American media that some people expect that we're part of it.

What others are saying: Tim Blair, The Blame Game, Bali and Bali Search on Daypop (lots of Whining Matildas). What they didn't: Slashdot search on Bali on September 11.

No comments: