Saturday, January 18, 2003

Correcting Categorization

Cleaning iTunes "...it works poorly for show tunes -- people seem to really care about the performers, so they get really specific with the artist portion of the ID, to the extent that every song on the CD has a different artist string even though it is the same cast...Some of the things I want to clean up are bad data, and some are matters of Gracenote policy I disagree with, like inserting "(Disk N)" at the end of album names for multi-CD sets. In my iTunes Music Library, I get to have things my way...If I change the tag in iTunes, it updates the iTunes database and playlists, updates the ID tag in the actual MP3 file, and moves the file to a new artist directory if my music is in the iTunes Music Library. This is all very cool." The author writes some AppleScript to modify the ID tags to his taste.

No comments: