Thursday, July 31, 2003

Is RDF Ready?

"Not long ago, Marc Canter, one of the early founders of Macromedia, talked about RDF and the Semantic Web in his weblog. Specifically, he wrote:

"I've been spending more and more time trying to grok the RDF folks. I have to say I like what I see and hear, but what I don't see are many apps and services actually up and running and working.

...

We have a saying over here: "put up or shut up." I'm still looking for two different RDF apps or services to work together in some meaningful way. Then bring on the books.""

"Plugged In Software's Tucana Knowledge Store provides sophisticated knowledge-based querying of large stores of data, again based on RDF.

These companies are just the first to start looking at RDF and the RDF data model for use in large-scale, sophisticated applications. And then there's the Semantic Web."

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/30/practicalRDF.html

No comments: