The magic that makes Google tick "The numbers alone are enough to make your eyes water.
* Over four billion Web pages, each an average of 10KB, all fully indexed.
* Up to 2,000 PCs in a cluster.
* Over 30 clusters.
* 104 interface languages including Klingon and Tagalog.
* One petabyte of data in a cluster -- so much that hard disk error rates of 10-15 begin to be a real issue.
* Sustained transfer rates of 2Gbps in a cluster.
* An expectation that two machines will fail every day in each of the larger clusters.
* No complete system failure since February 2000."