Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Kowari Roadmap and Overview

I have been asked by several people for a general roadmap or plan for future Kowari development. While it's hard with the vagaries of open source development and time/money I've released a draft version which highlights what I think should be in Kowari 1.1 Pre-Release 3. A future version will include what will make up a full 1.1 release.

Update: Modified it based on some of Paul's early feedback and removed some of the more pressing grammatical errors (still a work in progress though).

2 comments:

Rob said...

:D I like the list of features. There are lots of them, hopefully we can get them implemented.

I would be interested in developing some p2p metadata sharing functionality in my (limited) spare time. Let the nodes share schemas/ontologies to determine a common knowledge-base for data and metadata exchange.

If file transfer support is added, it could easily be used in a Semantic file-sharing app.

I had hoped to write this at Tucana, but didn't get the opportunity.

Andrew said...

I've updated the "Future" section with a cut and paste of what you've said you wanted to do.