Tuesday, September 06, 2005

RDF in the USA

America seems to be where it's at for the Semantic Web:
* Work in the USA "...I decided that I should take the job. This is a big deal...To start with, I'm a contractor working remotely with Herzum until I can get a visa to become a full time employee."
* Semantic Web Yahoo! "At the end of September I'll be leaving the Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT) at the University of Bristol in the UK after more than five years of productive and interesting work with RDF and the Semantic Web including developing the Redland RDF libraries. It's been a great place to work at with super people who have been very supportive of the Semantic Web and innovation."

If you ignore those people at Maryland or MIT or whatever there does seem to have been more European interest in the Semantic Web - maybe this is set to change. This is probably what it takes for it to go mainstream.

No comments: