- The Ontology Integration Problem "The reason I think a mapping tool is a critical need is that I think while in theory it's a nice idea to imagine ontologists reusing ontologies from one another, in practice many ontologists (especially those working on large complex ontologies) would rather write their own internally consistent ontologies and map them to other ontologies rather than importing other ontologies into what they are making and then having to deal with all the inconsistencies and confusion that arises from doing that."
- Language Wars "I know Paul told you that he made his app in Lisp and then he made millions of dollars because he made his app in Lisp, but honestly only two people ever believed him and, a complete rewrite later, they won't make that mistake again.
The safe answer, for the Big Enterprisy Thing where you have no interest in being on the cutting edge, is C#, Java, PHP, or Python..."
- Circles of knowledge and boundaries of ignorance "...earning can be viewed as either expanding your circle of knowledge or as increasing your boundary of ignorance. So, the more you learn the more you know, but also the more you know that you don’t know. Depending on your temperament, this can be either encouraging or discouraging to your efforts to continue learning."
- Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data From Google Research Papers
- JUnit 4 vs. TestNG A few advantages of TestNG such as dependencies and providing test data (even complex objects).