Saturday, November 01, 2003

Feedback on Sherpa

Now that's Semantic Web(?) "Having said this, though, some of what I read leads me to think this isn't as open as I thought at first glance. First, if I read this correctly, the Sherpa calendar information is centralized on the Sherpa servers. I'm assuming by this, again with just a first glance, that Semaview is providing the P2P cloud through which all of the clients interact in a manner extremely similiar to how Groove works. If this is true, I've said it before and will again -- any hint of centralization within a distributed application is a point of weakness and vulnerability, the iron mountain hidden within the cloud.

Second, I can't find the calendar RDF/XML out at the sites that use the product. There are no buttons at these sites that give me the RDF/XML directly. Additionally, trying variations of calendar.rdf isn't returning anything either. Again, this is a fast preliminary read and I'll correct my assumptions if I'm wrong -- but is the only way to access the RDF/XML calendar information through SherpaFind? How do bots find this data? "

No comments: